Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing 8



Here is the scoop on me....plain and simple....I don't read the news. I don't watch it on tv...I don't discuss it with friends and family. I know as an educator I need to keep up on what is going on around me, but unfortunately it doesn't interest me much. Now, I'm not saying that I NEVER see the news. I just don't go out of my way to check on it. I have set up my RSS, but honestly will probably never use it. It was easy to set up. It's linked to other accounts that I have. It would be great in the library because you can set one up to fit the needs of the students in your school and they can go there for information on their level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Setting up feeds in the library for the students to check is a great idea! Thanks.

Terri said...

I'm with you on not keeping up with the news as I probably should. I know that with the news bundle I added to my google reader I will stay behind in reading it and just mark everything as read. I found a few library specific feeds that I like and may keep up with them. I'll just have to see how busy I get when school starts up again. I agree with both you and Cheri that specific feeds relevant to studnets would be great to set up in the library. I may try that also.
Thanks!
"MemoryKeeperMom"