Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing 7

I have really enjoyed looking at all of the amazing things that google has to offer. I have used Picasa Web albums to share photos with family and friends and I have recently downloaded Google Earth. After my husband got back from his deployment, he was able to show me where he was at and where everything was around him. When I drive, I am more of a landmark person than being able to read street signs, and Google Earth can sometimes show me what is around the location I am looking for. You have to remember though, that it is not "live time" and there may be things that are there now that weren't there when the photo was taken. I have also found that Google Earth isn't 100% acurate on pinpoint locations, although it gets you within approx. 100 feet.

No comments: