Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 11

This was a fun and easy way to document what books I have read recently. I have found within the past year that I haven't had time for recreational reading. I really need to make time for that again. Maybe a good time would be while my students are doing their silent reading. Then at least I would get 20 min. in each day. Creating a LibraryThing would be a great way for students to record and keep a list of what they have been reading. They could even write a small review of what they thought about the book. It also looks like we could create our own group as long as the students all have an email account. My concern would be if we would be able to keep others out of our group and make it "by invitation only". Maybe that's when a wiki would work out better for us.

1 comment:

Alice Grabowski said...

I see you have Tony Stead's book Is That a Fact? on your LibraryThing list. Did you get to meet him at an in-service? I got to spend a week listening to his lovely accent and I also have his other book. He autographed them both, and I think he is fantastic!
Agrab.