Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 15

It's amazing to me how far the internet has come! I can remember back to when I was young and my father was teaching me how write programs so that I can make a "game". Now I am collaborating with people that are miles away from me and I can see exactly what they have done. Sometimes I wonder if I have the training needed to even teach today's children. I need to educate myself more on Web 2.0 applications. My students should be using blogs, wikis, webcasts, and google docs as part of their lessons. I have just scratched the surface when it comes to what is on the web. I am excited to see how all of this can be used in the classroom as well as in the library.

2 comments:

lm said...

Looks like you are quite capable of teaching your kids, seeing all the extras you've placed on your blog! Enjoyed the sports blogroll. Thanks!

Rock said...

Truly there is a lot of stuff out there. Keep plugging on that Masters, its worth it.