Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another year

I moved here in 1999. I remember telling a former principal that I probably wouldn't make it to 5 years of teaching. At the time I wasn't convinced that this was the profession for me. Now it's 2009 and I am 4 days away from completing my 10th year! Where has the time gone?! I am working on two different adventures. I am continuing my education in Library Sciences, as you already know by reading my posts, and I am going to be teaching kindergarten next year. That is, if I don't receive a position as a librarian. My degree is in Early Childhood Education and I have been hinting for years that I would like to move down, and how here is my chance. I'm excited to be molding young children into lifelong learners. I am looking forward to seeing lights come on daily! That is the whole reason I went into teaching in the first place. I love to see children light up when they learn something new and tell everyone about it. I want my parents next year to come up to me and say that their children are so excited to come to school each day. I never want a child to go home and say "nothing" when asked what they learned in school that day.
Our science scores were lower than expected this year and so the focus is going down as low as kindergarten. I am going to be in charge of writing the science lesson plans, so I am already looking for suppimentary activities to help advance our students.

No comments: